Marc Marquez secured his sixth Sachsenring victory in a row. Dani Pedrosa made it a Honda 1-2 while Valentino Rossi scored important championship points finishing the race in third.
Jorge Lorenzo got off with a good start and led the race in the early laps. Marquez managed to pass Jorge and charge for the victory once given a clear track in front of him. In the back, Dani Pedrosa Jorge Lorenzo and Valentino Rossi were fighting for positions.
It seems like the hard front tyre option was a good choice for the Repsol Honda Team as Dani Pedrosa got the better of the two Yamaha’s. The Spaniard moved to second and had Marquez’s pace, but the distance was to big for Dani to challenge his team mate for victory.
Valentino Rossi tried to stay with the Honda rider, but in the end had to settle for third place with Lorenzo finishing in fourth. Stefan Bradl missed his home round because of a fractured scaphoid at Assen. He was replaced by Claudio Corti.
MotoGP Sachsenring results:
1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 41m 1.087s
2. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 41m 3.313s
3. Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 41m 6.695s
4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 41m 11.015s
5. Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) 41m 21.872s
6. Bradley Smith GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 41m 24.302s
7. Cal Crutchlow GBR CWM LCR Honda (RC213V) 41m 30.968s
8. Pol Espargaro ESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (YZR-M1) 41m 36.040s
9. Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.1) 41m 36.962s
10. Aleix Espargaro ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 41m 38.340s
11. Maverick Viñales ESP Team Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)* 41m 38.361s
12. Yonny Hernandez COL Octo Pramac Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 41m 43.168s
13. Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) 41m 49.698s
14. Alvaro Bautista ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 41m 51.774s
15. Jack Miller AUS CWM LCR Honda (RC213V-RS)* 41m 54.856s
16. Nicky Hayden USA Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS) 42m 0.008s
17. Eugene Laverty IRL Aspar MotoGP Team (RC213V-RS)* 42m 3.825s
18. Alex De Angelis RSM E-Motion IodaRacing (ART) 42m 4.209s
19. Loris Baz FRA Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha)* 42m 12.249s
20. Michael Laverty GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 42m 16.997s
Claudio Corti ITA Athina Forward Racing (Forward Yamaha) DNF
Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15) DNF
Hiroshi Aoyama JPN Cardion AB Motoracing (RC213V-RS) DNF
Mike Di Meglio FRA Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14 Open) DNF
Scott Redding GBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) DNF