Ducati rider Chaz Davies managed to win the second race of the Pirelli Malaysian WSBK Grand Prix with a last corner move on Jonathan Rea.
Tom Sykes (Kawasaki) was looking to grab race 1 victory as he managed to pull a 2.6 second lead over Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki) and Chaz Davies (Ducati) after the first 5 laps. Unfortunately for Tom, with only 4 laps to go, Davies and Rea’s tyres seemed to hold up better as the pair reduced the gap on the former champ. It was Rea who won the first race after swapping places for the lead with Chaz three times on the final lap.
Max Biaggi (Aprilia) finished in third thus claiming a historic 71st podium finish. The Roman Emperor extended his own record of being the oldest rider to ever stand on a WorldSBK podium.
Race 2 saw Chaz bounce back at Rea taking the victory with a last corner overtake. The pair made contact, but this time the Ducati rider got through and held the advantage till the chequered flag. Jordi Torres (Aprilia) finished in 3rd.
You can see all the action at Sepang in the next video:
WSBK Sepang xanax online no prescription pharmacy Race 1 results:
- Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing Team ZX-10R 16 laps
2. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing-Ducati SBK Team 1199R +0.121s
3. Max Biaggi ITA Aprilia Racing Team RSV4 +10.695s
4. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Honda World Superbike Team CBR1000RR +15.433s
5. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing Team ZX-10R +17.983s
6. Alex Lowes GBR VOLTCOM Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 +23.758s
7. Leon Haslam GBR Aprilia Racing Team – Red Devils RSV4 +24.854s
8. Matteo Baiocco ITA Althea Racing 1199R +28.306s
9. Niccolo Canepa ITA Althea Racing 1199R +31.098s
10. Jordi Torres ESP Aprilia Racing Team – Red Devils RSV4 +34.105s
WSBK Sepang Race 2 results:
- Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing-Ducati SBK Team 1199R 16 Laps
2. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing Team ZX-10R +0.091s
3. Jordi Torres ESP Aprilia Racing Team – Red Devils RSV4 +5.008s
4. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Honda World Superbike Team CBR1000RR +13.130s
5. Michael VD Mark NED PATA Honda World Superbike Team CBR1000RR +15.801s
6. Leon Haslam GBR Aprilia Racing Team – Red Devils RSV4 +15.970s
7. David Salom ESP Team Pedercini ZX-10R +24.561s
8. Alex Lowes GBR VOLTCOM Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 +26.526s
9. Matteo Baiocco ITA Althea Racing 1199R +28.528s
10. Roman Ramos ESP Team Go Eleven ZX-10R +31.598s
WORLD SBK CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS:
|7.||M. VD MARK||HONDA||125|